The Port Angeles Fine Arts Center seeks North Olympic Peninsula artists and artisans to sell handmade gift items in the 2020 Wintertide Makers Market. This year’s market will take place online as well as in-person at the Esther Webster Gallery, and will run from Dec 5 – 20.
How it Works
The Wintertide Makers Market connects shoppers with locally-made artisan gift items in a peaceful setting. In addition to supporting Olympic Peninsula artists, this event is a vital source of financial support for the arts center.
Participating artists will be selected based on the quality and suitability of their work, with priority consideration given to applications received by September 15. Applications will be accepted through October 31.
Participating artists will be asked to prepare items and documentation for both online and in-person sales, and to assist with setting up their display within the assigned space in the gallery. PAFAC will promote and staff the market, manage all sales, and issue commission checks to participating artists.
The Wintertide Makers Market is oriented towards holiday shoppers, and we encourage participating artists to offer items at a variety of price points to accommodate different budgets. The top-selling items in 2019 were priced between $10 and $30, and included small prints and home décor, wearables such as mittens and hats, small toys and games, and body care goods.
Sales & Commission Payments
All sales will run through the Port Angeles Fine Arts Center, which takes a 40% commission on sales. Please set retail prices appropriately.
Commission checks for Makers Market sales will be mailed on or before January 20 and will be issued to the individual (or business name) indicated on your application form.
The market is open to all artists and artisans residing in Clallam and Jefferson counties.
PAFAC will be responsible for:
- Providing security for all items throughout the event
- Managing all sales & sales taxes
- Promoting the market to our contacts & the greater PA area
- Providing print & digital promotional materials to participating artists & artisans
- Tidying, remerchandising, & replenishing items throughout the event
Participating artists will be responsible for:
- Clearly labeling all items with a price and inventory number
- Providing a digital inventory list using the provided Excel template *
- Providing digital photos of each item in .jpg format, titled with the item’s inventory number *
- Delivering items and setting up on-site display prior to the market opening
- Assisting with promoting the market
- Picking up unsold items promptly after the market closes
* These NEW requirements in 2020 will help us accommodate online sales.
Note: Participating artists are encouraged (but not required) to volunteer at the market for a minimum of 3 hours. Volunteer tasks may include assisting with setup, staffing the main gallery desk, packing and shipping online orders, and assisting with cleanup after the market.