- Entry Deadline: Friday, July 9, 2021 (midnight PST)
- Exhibition Dates: August 14 – Sept 26
- Juror: Sarah Jane, MFA (PAFAC Gallery & Program Director)
- $15 entry fee for up to 3 pieces
The Port Angeles Fine Arts Center invites artists to apply for a national juried art exhibition that celebrates innovative artistic responses in the face of unexpected obstacles.
Any experienced artist can attest that creative practice is a source of real challenge and frustration at times – and that’s not always a bad thing! Whether we’re scrambling to balance art-making with other responsibilities, striving to translate an imagined idea into a physical reality, or struggling with a new technique that isn’t working as anticipated, unforeseen difficulties can function as a creative catalyst, pushing artists to try new things and take risks that we might not have considered before.
This exhibition invites artists to reflect on the unplanned challenges (pandemic-related or not!) that have inspired their own creativity. Selected works will be exhibited from August 14 – September 26, 2021, in the historic Esther Webster Gallery in Port Angeles, WA.
Guidelines & Requirements
- This exhibition is open to all artists living in the United States.
- Two- and three- dimensional artworks in any medium will be considered.
- The maximum size for 2D works is 18x24” and the maximum size for 3D works is 12x12x18”.
- PAFAC reserves the right to disqualify any work not suitably presented, or any work appearing not to correspond to the entry image.
- Artists may enter up to three completed works. All works must have been created in the last two years, and may not have been previously exhibited at the Port Angeles Fine Arts Center.
- Artists are responsible for timely shipping or hand delivery of artworks to ensure arrival on or before August 7, 2021.
- The Port Angeles Fine Arts Center reserves the right to photograph and video any submitted work for documentary, educational and publicity purposes.
- Receipt of the completed application form constitutes your agreement with all conditions established in the prospectus.
- The PAFAC provides insurance while works are on-site at the Center.
- All works in this exhibit must be available for sale. The PAFAC retains a 40% commission on all sales.
- Entry Deadline: July 9
- Notification Deadline: July 15
- Delivery Dates: Aug 5 – 7
- Exhibition Dates: Aug 14 – Sept 26
- Pick Up / Return Shipping Dates: Sept 30 – Oct 1