Entry Deadline: October 9, 2021 (midnight PST)
Exhibit Dates: November 26, 2021 – January 9, 2022
The Port Angeles Fine Arts Center seeks proposals for temporary or permanent light-based installations and artworks for installation in Webster’s Woods Sculpture Park, Port Angeles, WA. Existing pieces as well as proposals for new works will be considered.
The selected works will be exhibited alongside more than 100 existing sculptures throughout 5 acres of forested parkland, transforming the park with light and color through the darkest months of the year. Applicants are encouraged to visit Webster’s Woods Sculpture Park to experience firsthand the park’s rugged terrain and second-growth Olympic forest environment.
Open to all artists and artist teams located within the United States. Artist teams please designate one primary contact person for your group.
- Make use of light as a primary design element
- Be the artist or artist team’s own original work
- Be suitable for viewers of all ages
- Be designed to withstand adverse Pacific Northwest winter weather including high winds, freezing temperatures, and significant rainfall or heavy wet snow
- Be soundly constructed and firmly anchored to prevent theft or injury
Terms & Conditions:
- Artists are solely responsible for transportation and installation of their work, to be ready for display by November 20, 2021.
- Final location and installation details will be determined by the Gallery & Program Director, whose decisions are final. Artwork that differs substantially from submitted image(s) or project proposals may not be installed.
- Selected sculptures must be installed between November 7-20, 2021, and must remain in place through January 9, 2022.
- Participating artists will receive a stipend of $300-$1,000 for loan of the work, based on the complexity of each piece and the artist’s indicated funding need in the application form. Stipend funds will be presented at the time of successful installation.
- PAFAC charges a 40% commission on all sales.
- Artists will hold harmless the PAFAC and the City of Port Angeles from any claim of damage or loss of artworks from any cause whatsoever, during the period the sculpture is displayed.
- Any images submitted or photographs taken of the artwork may be used by PAFAC to promote or advertise the exhibit
- Work not de-installed by February 28, 2022 will become the property of PAFAC.
- We are actively working to increase A/C power throughout the park; access points are currently available at the Webster House as well as the meadow path and front parking lot. Works requiring power connections will be located accordingly.
- Artworks making use of wireless [solar, battery-powered, glow-in-the-dark, etc.] technology may be installed throughout the 5-acre park.
- PAFAC staff have limited ability to provide routine maintenance such as recharging batteries or turning works on/off on a daily basis; we encourage artists to consider using timers or other automated devices to control lighting.
Application Deadline: October 9, 2021 at midnight PST
Email Notifications: October 16, 2021
Installation Dates: November 7-20, 2021
Opening Day: Friday, November 26, 2021
Wintertide Festival: Friday-Saturday, December 10-11, 2021
De-installation: January 10- February 28, 2022