Home - The Essence of Place
Home-The Essence of Place
From its natural beauty and culture to the social identities and entrepreneurial spirit of its locals, how has your life been enriched by the Olympic Peninsula? What has inspired and captivated you the most? We are looking for creatives who are rooted to the people, community, and land as a current or former inhabitant of the peninsula. We invite you to celebrate this unique place by developing artistic creations that capture and celebrate the essence of the Olympic Peninsula.
Items of Note:
- Call Ends June 15th, 2023
- Artists will be notified of selected works the week of July 10th
- Exhibit Dates: September 15th-October 29th, 2023
- This will be a juried show in collaboration with the Olympic Peninsula Art Association. The juried group will consist of individuals within the artistic community of the Olympic Peninsula.
- Prizes: Best of Show - $300; Most Innovative Representation of Theme $100 *Prizes have been sponsored by the Olympic Peninsula Art Association*
Eligibility: Open to artists who have a deep connection, experience, or have lived on the Olympic Peninsula. Must be at least 18 years old to submit.
- Be the artist or artist team’s own original work
- Have been created in the last two years
- Be suitable for viewers of all ages
Terms & Conditions:
- Artists are solely responsible for transportation of their work and must deliver/ship to the PAFAC arriving no later than September 5th, 2023.
- All artwork must arrive "ready to hang".
- Artists can submit up to three different works, max, under one submission. If the artists is selected to be in the show, only one work will be selected to represent the artist.
- Final location and installation details will be determined by the Gallery & Program Director, whose decisions are final. Artwork that differs substantially from submitted image(s) or project proposals may not be installed.
- Selected pieces must stay at the gallery for the duration of the show.
- PAFAC charges a 40% commission on all sales made through the PAFAC.
- Artists will hold harmless the PAFAC and the City of Port Angeles from any claim of damage or loss of artworks from any cause whatsoever, during the period the work is displayed.
- Any images submitted or photographs taken of the artwork may be used by PAFAC and the Olympic Peninsula Art Association to promote or advertise the exhibit.
- Art work unclaimed at the end of the show between the dates of October 31st - November 7th 2023 will become the property of the PAFAC unless other arrangements have been made ahead of time.
- Application Deadline: June 15th, 2023
- Artists will be notified of works selected the week of July 10th
- Art to arrive at PAFAC between August 22nd and September 5th, 2023
- Installation Dates: September 12th-14th
- Show Run: September 15th - October 29th, 2023
- Opening Reception Hosted by the Port Angeles Fine Arts Center and the Olympic Peninsula Art Association: September 15th, Friday, 5pm-7pm at PAFAC
- De-installation: October 30th-31st
- Artwork must be reclaimed from PAFAC Gallery between October 31st - November 7th 2023 *unless other arrangements have been made ahead of time for special circumstances*